Check Out This Informative Panel Discussion Recently Filmed At Podcast Atlanta LIVE.
Any regular reader of my blog knows about the growth of video marketing. I've written more than once about the popularity and effectiveness of video, and how the percentage of businesses using video marketing has exploded in recent years.
But the truth is, another type of content is also on the rise—podcasting.
The Power of Podcasting
I've been learning more about Atlanta podcasting as of late, mainly due to having appeared on one.
Two years ago, local podcasters Michael Moore and Rich Casanova invited me on their show at the Pro Business Channel.
You can check out my interview here.
More recently, Michael and Rich put together an event for the Atlanta podcasting community, called Podcast Atlanta LIVE.
This panel discussion was moderated by Chris Krimitsos, co-founder of Podcast Expo, and Rich Casanova. The panel includes four local podcasters:
- Michael Bull, Host of the Commercial Real Estate Show
- Pamela Currie, Host of Franchise Business Radio
- Joel Byars, Host of Hot Breath! Podcast
- Artie Ruderman, Host of the Business Developers Network.
Some Podcasting Statistics
You don't have to start a podcast in order to reap the benefits of this growing medium. Many marketers and business owners (like me) opt instead to appear on other people's podcasts.
The trick is finding a podcast that matches your audience.
Here are some interesting podcasting statistics:
- According to Nielson, there are currently over 850,000 podcasts in existence, totaling over 30 million episodes.
- Podcast listeners subscribe to an average of 6 shows, and listen to an average of 7 shows a week (up from 5 in 2017).
- 80% of podcast listeners listen to all or most of each episode.
- The most popular podcast genres are 1) Comedy, followed by 2) Entertainment and 3) News.
Who Listens to Podcasts?
- According to Nielsen, podcasts reach 50% of all US homes.
- 22% of the population listens to podcasts weekly, up from 17% in 2018.
- 56% of podcast listeners are male.
- 45% of monthly podcast listeners have household incomes above $75K.
- 27% of US podcast listeners have a 4-year college degree.
Thank you to CromwellParkes.com for use of photos from the event, and of course to Michael and Rich from Pro Business Channel.